Today is Day 1 of our Shred 10 Group Challenge! For months I've been sharing my journey is you all and I'm super pumped we're doing this challenge together this time around!
The Shred 10 program is one I'm super grateful for because it's a great boost to not only my energy and health, but to my overall confidence at work. Starting from Day 1 I feel super energetic because I'm focused and I have the tools to help me reach my goals.
What is it that you want to shred in the next 10 days? What new habits are you trying to acquire and which bad habits are you needing help letting go?
The main reason I love this program is because its sole focus is YOU. And whatever it is you want to accomplish in 10 days.
Whether it's more energy, more sleep, more water intake, better tasting meals, more muscle mass, less body fat, more flexibility, better sex- Shred 10 can help you. It's your rules, and you have the help of fruits + veggies (real food, no fake foods) to help you get there.
Today I'm showing you how to make a great bulk meal that can be made alone for a DELISH weeknight meal or for meal prep in your other meals. It's Sopa de Frijoles con Carne, which is the yummier, fancier name for a hearty Beans & Beef Soup. It doesn't sound as sexy in English, so say it with me: Sopa de Frijoles con Carne! It's bomb as hell! If you don't know what that means, make it and you'll understand why I had to include my Mama's recipe in the Shred 10 Challenge.
Healthy tip: for best results and minimal cooking time, wash and soak beans in water for 1-2 days before cooking. This helps activate enzymes in the beans, which can help improve our digestion too. Plus it help minimize cooking time, which I'm sure we can all appreciate!
Sopa de Frijoles con Carne de Res - Hearty Beans & Tender Beef Soup Recipe
- 2 lbs organic beef chuck steaks (or whatever cut you prefer)
- 2 cups black beans
- 2 onions
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 potatoes
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 tomato
- fideos (any pasta of choice)
- salt, pepper to taste
- grapeseed or coconut oil of choice
- Wash meat and pat dry. Season with salt, pepper on both sides.
- Add oil to soup pan on medium- high heat. Add steak(s) and don't move them, don't try to press to squeeze out any juice! Let them hang out and cook until brown on both sides. Depending on the cut of meat and your pan, this can take about 5-9 minutes on each side. Enjoy the smell!
- Roughly chop garlic and sautee with meat. After garlic is browned, add onions.
- Add enough 6 cups of hot water to soup pan.
- Re-rinse soaked beans and add to soup pan. Return pan to high heat to boil water.
- Chop up bell pepper, more onion and garlic and add to the mix.
- Chop potato into small equal chunks and also add pasta. Let cook for 1-2 hours, until beans, are soft.
- Add salt at the end, once natural salts have made their way into the broth.
- Make white rice on the side. Serve under the soup. Enjoy!
This is a traditional recipe from home. I love it because it goes well with our Shred 10 Challenge! It's made from real food sources so I hope you enjoy! Join us for another Taste of Shred 10 Healthy Eating Open House Wednesday night in SLC!
Shred 10 Healthy Eating Open House
Come eat, hang with us and learn about the Shred 10 program with one of our personal trainers. It's gonna be a fun night and a great way to boost health habits mid-week!
Shred 10 Healthy Eating Open House
Wednesday, April 5 at 7 pm
10777 S Ozarks Drive
South Jordan, UT 84009