Step up the health in your Halloween treats with protein-rich chocolate brownies. The holidays are here and there's no reason to feel guilty about indulging.
As a big fan of sweet treats, I don't like to shy away from chocolate. Now that it's Halloween and officially holiday season, there's going to be a lot more treats around and I plan on kicking my healthy habits in full gear so I can enjoy.
These brownies are made with lots of love, starting with quality ingredients. I love Annie's food products, and this double chocolate chip brownie mix is legit. It comes with a short ingredient list that I can actually understand (which is super important!).
Every time a recipe calls for an egg and I'm out, I don't trip. There are tons of substitutions you can make that are nutritious (and then you get to lick the bowl!). I used a banana today.
Nutritious Vegan Egg Replacements
- 1 banana
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds + hot H2O mixed
Protein Halloween Brownies Recipe
- Annie Homegrown Double Chocolate Brownie mix
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Juice Plus Chocolate Complete protein
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 c. H2O
- coconut oil to grease baking pan
1. Add all seeds, dry ingredients in a bowl and mix.
2. Mix in wet ingredients, then mash in a ripe banana.
3. Grease a pan, and add brownie mix in.
4. Bake at 325 degrees for 30-35 mins.
5. Once brownies cool, cut into square bites and decorate with frosting to make webs (optional).